Based in Valenciennes, France
January 5, 2017
$6.99, £4.99, €6.99
Press / Business contact:
Pictopix is a puzzle game where you use logic to color squares on grids in order to reveal pictures. Easy to learn and very addictive, the game starts with small grids and ends with much bigger grids. With over 200 puzzles, a shuffle mode and a puzzle editor, Pictopix will bring you hours of fun!
The game is similar to picross, nonograms, hanjie and griddlers.
- Play over 200 beautiful colored puzzles (+1000 from players)
- Learn the rules with a fun tutorial
- Play puzzles randomly with the Shuffle mode
- Earn awards and achievements for more challenges
- Create your own puzzles
- And share them with others players! (via Steam Workshop)
- Relaxing music (Jazz, Bossa Nova)
- Logically solvable puzzles (no guessing required)
- Useful hints to help beginners
- Playable with mouse, keyboard or game controller
- Multiple save slots
- Puzzles can be suspended and resumed at any time
- Zoom button for big grids
- Undo and Redo buttons to fix your mistakes
- Squares can be temporarily marked
- Smart Slide (helps you to draw straight lines)
- Touch Screen support
- 13 languages (translated by the community)
Logo & Icon
- "If like me you’ve been craving a good implementation of the puzzle for PC, then you’ve found it in Pictopix. If you’re looking for a fun, brain-using puzzle presented splendidly, then now is the time to discover why Picross/Nonograms are quite so great."
- John Walker, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Tomlab Games is off to a great start in introducing a classic from Japan to the Sudoku lovers past its borders. Pictopix is a fun and relaxing game that anyone can play. It lets you relax while working your brain in an entertaining way. If you're the creative type but can’t draw to save your life, if you have $6 to spare, then consider buying this game. Chances are, you won't regret it."
7/10 - Jessica Andrews, OpNoobs
- "In conclusion, Pictopix delivers a solid and incredibly relaxing experience for all ages. With only 150 puzzles it’s a little light on content, but the developers say there’s more in the pipeline. Once players can publish their own creations, the longevity of the game will be increased massively and I think it’s something I’ll be revisiting for months to come. So put your feet up, make a cup of tea and unwind with a bit of picross."
7.7/10- Melanie Blagg, The Inner Circle
- "Pictopix is an excellent version of Picross which respects the rules of this type of game."
8/10 - Eskarina, Kiss my Geek
- "Pictopix is a quiet and relaxing nonogram puzzler with plenty of challenging puzzles and the right amount of helpful hints for beginners."
8/10 - Courtney Ehrenhofler, TechRaptor
- "Pictopix is a delightful game that anyone with any interested in picross should buy."
Matthew Codd, Shinding
- "Pictopix (...) is a polished, cleanly designed, and logically balanced puzzle experience bolstered by tens of hours worth of nonograms to solve as well as a variety of hint options catering to players of all skill levels."
Matt Litten, VGBlogger
- "Kommt der Workshop noch dazu, könnte Pictopix das Nonplusultra der Picross-Spiele sein. Toll!"
9.1/10 - Luca, Testiversum
- "Tout se joue dans les détails, un confort de jeu optimal et une manière de rendre fluide et naturelle la résolution de chaque grille. Mais aussi un contenu incroyable dont un Workshop qui permet de partager ses créations. De quoi jouer à Pictopix jusqu'à sa mort."
Christophe Butelet, JV - Le magazine de la culture jeux vidéo
- "I would most definitely recommend Tomlab Game's Pictopix to anyone who's looking for a good brain-exercise style game, because you get a lot of puzzle entertainment and action for your money. Furthermore, the game's fans keep Pictopix alive and kicking as the community keeps on adding new puzzles to the game over time."
4.5/5 - Simon Bunyard, The Gaming Ground
Design, Gfx & Code